Monday, September 28, 2026

Lexicon sample

Family and friends sometimes ask for clarification when I lazily abbreviate.  I apologize.  Let me say what I’m thinking. 


“A lexicon represents the abstract, living inventory of words belonging to a … group or mind.”  To share and clarify, here is a sample of lexicon as my “mental dictionary: The set of words and phrases known and used by a single individual.”  Far from complete, this list includes common initialisms (like FBI — not acronyms, pronounced as a word like NASA) and regular words I frequently use. 


CRC1 — our #1 Community Resource Center at 555 24th Street before myHometown Ogden South Council classes and activities moved out.  I unofficially continue volunteer work there, next to Seager Memorial Clinic.


CG — City Garden Apartments, Ogden home

MW Ctr / RR Center — Marshall N. White Community Center, Ogden UT (my running & rowing on track above ball courts)

pantry — community service place providing free food & household supply


OCP — obsessive-compulsive photography or proofreading, depending on context

misophonia — selective sound sensitivity syndrome (my daughter diagnosed for me)


EQ — elders quorum (men)

SS lesson — Sunday School lesson

mtg — abbreviation for meeting 

mgt — abbreviation for management 

mtn bike — my non-electric mountain bicycle

Razor — non-electric kick scooter, my senior mobility device

blading — rollerblading with my adjustable inline skates (began in 2024 at Neptune Ogden)

OGX — UTA Ogden Express electric buses


$Tree — Dollar Tree store (inflated to $1.25+)

DI — Deseret Industries Thrift Store & Donation Center

NT — Neighbors Thrift store, Ogden UT

The U (or U of U) — The University of Utah, SLC

WSU — Weber State University, Ogden UT


“Tuesdays with Kay” — special day of the week began September 2018 with sweet visits from family.  I derived it from a book she taught at Northridge High School: Tuesdays with Morrie  by Mitch Albom