Saturday, December 14, 2013

Keep It Simple, Santa

This is short because my wife and I are preparing for our family Christmas get-together here today in our little frontier home.  This year we are trying to KISS (Keep It Super Simple), but you may know how that goes when expecting a crowd of grandchildren and their parents.  We will enjoy food, games, storytelling, and videos (Luke II about our Savior’s birth, and Mr. Krueger’s Christmas are two favorites by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.)

As there are only so many* shopping days left till Christmas (*retailers tell you exactly, including Sundays, unfortunately), and some family members may be starting to shop already, here's my simple list for Santa, including a few copied from my LFF 11/12/2010 and 12/4/2010 posts:
1. Dark chocolate (my favorite fast food!)
2. Cheddar cheese sandwich crackers (Keebler, etc.) (lunch on the go)
3. Black socks
4. White pillow covers (not “covers for white pillows”)
5. Non-fiction paperback book (old or new -- surprise me!)
(Notice fast food is first and foremost.)

Lest we forget, I add five more that are really more important, seriously:
6. Love note (Christmas card)
7. Family photo
8. Video of children singing or playing music
9. Children's artwork (including that of our adult children)
10. A righteous life (which I already see, gratefully)

May you and yours enjoy loving memories of good times.  Give yourself a simple Christmas!