Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Tuesday with Kay on My Mind

A sweet moment in time, that Saturday morning, is family history to treasure with loving care.

Did I think this night, a month later, would be like any other, sleeping naturally till sunrise?  It’s rare for this old man, but I woke up in time to remember our Kay ...  
(So many loved ones have remembered since our return to Utah; as a family, we thank you!)

My phone Notes safekeep a journal of sweet and difficult moments in time.  Not tedious with Kay on my mind.  After one month in our “dream cottage”, Saturday about 2am, I noted with care: “slower, easier breathing.”  To be at peace, finally, must be a blessing.  At 2:22, “one last breath … Gratefully, she is released from suffering, and is now in her Heavenly Father’s care. I asked Katie, our oldest daughter kneeling on the bed …” (already in the attitude of prayer).  “She was led by the Spirit, and we were comforted – a time of indescribable love we will always cherish as a family. Our five children … shed tears of sadness and joy.”

Alone in our room, but not so, I was blessed with “two hours” of comfort by the Spirit and love I felt for Kay, my eternal companion. Naturally, tears flowed.  The world seemed motionless, as if in honor of that sacred time.  Grateful for the love of our Savior Jesus Christ, I knew our marriage was on a firm foundation ... forever.

A tender mercy – it seemed fitting in a way – to have those silent, dark hours before the dawning of a new day.  The contrast, in order, is symbolic.

"I feel my Savior's love. In all the world around me. His Spirit warms my soul."  – lds.org/...childrens-songbook...
Our family loves that favorite song Kay taught in Primary.
Dearest Children, she is near you!

Again, and forever, with love

in Grandma's hands – twin love
with another favorite song – for fun