Sunday, September 20, 2020

Friendly Meetings

Today was noteworthy (as the Sabbath day should be, to start every week).  I met dear friends at church this morning and in our apartment community afterward.  I love these people, who are like family to my companion Kay & me.

My personal, new-normal linger longer is outside the meetinghouse, immediately following our 45-minute sacrament service.  (Feels good to relieve my back, lower the mask, and breathe freely — a few social feet away, of course.)  It’s my natural way to reconnect with friends I don’t see elsewhere.  I’m in no hurry, being home in Ogden already; and Sister Cannon is busy on “the other side”, helping others come closer to Christ.

My “front room” at the apartments is welcoming with a big-screen TV that is rarely used, a communal kitchen, and a baby grand piano I play.  Friendly meetings are small on Sunday afternoon and growing larger every Monday evening for “Come, Follow Me” discussions.  Wednesday movie nights are getting started, recalling Thursday movie nights Kay & I introduced in that social room around 2006.  Life is good