Thursday, April 15, 2021

Brain Fog Going Forward

This one is for Ned ... just for the record of moving from Ogden to Bountiful this month.  How am I doing?  Progressing, despite losing things in my new smaller studio apartment, travel kit, and car.  I like to think my angels are helping me find and place things in proper order ... and overcome normal brain fog ... going forward.


Although my dear wife Kay is way ahead of me in regards to planning, keeping track of things, and finishing projects, she is nevertheless with me, cheering me on, going forward as my eternal companion ... with love.


I recently learned about “brain fog grief” commonly experienced after the death of a loved one.  It helps me understand how moving one’s home may compound the problem (in addition to pandemic, taxes, and normal aging).  My “entire cognitive capacity” (as Refuge In Grief described it) may come back to a “recognizable form” after my brain adjusts to a changed world.  It takes some people several years to recover from the trauma of a stressful situation.


Going forward, I pray, ponder, pace myself, use iPhone Notes & Calendar (and my angels) as memory prompts, work, rest, and enjoy the ride with good music.  And as my watch just reminded me, “Even a minute of breathing can help you concentrate.”  There’s a thought.  Thanks ... for the memories.