Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Making Me Smile

This month starts “the holidays”.  After an early-morning, preparatory de-junking session, I need to recall what makes me smile.  At my age, life seems too short.

Seeing the parking entrance sign at our Bountiful apartments yesterday, I smiled at the blacked-out “No Pets” above “No Smoking”, “No Soliciting”.  No surprise with a new owner riding the wave, as in Ogden.  (My wife Kay must be impressed with my keen observation.)  I understand and chuckle at the thought of dogs and cats enjoying the holidays in our senior community.  There is no fast way to explain why ...

For some strange reason, I’ve been Christmas shopping instead of waiting til the last minute.  Last month I was delighted by a fellow playing Christmas music as a piano warm-up for a church meeting.  Yes, I’m getting excited for our ward Trunk-or-Treat activity for kids, and making detailed plans for a different Thanksgiving to include my kick scooter.  This is not like me to have fun early in the game, so I smile at the paradigm shift ... maybe because this life is short.  My conclusion: don’t worry — be happy!