Monday, April 4, 2022

Facebook Page Too

So far this year, I've taken a break from Facebook while moving from Bountiful to Ogden.  Having just enjoyed two days of General Conference, I visited Facebook for related posts by family and friends.  ( I recalled it’s a valuable tool often used by my older generation.)


In my two-minute visit, I loved a powerful post by my niece’s return-missionary son (handsome in his suit) who attended Conference in SLC yesterday.  Then I reconnected with an old friend my age I’ve known since young boyhood, who loves General Conference as I do.  (The talks give me positive momentum.)  A sweet group photo of Kay’s teacher friends was like icing on the cake.  I felt satisfied despite missing many wonderful posts. 


I wrote the following four years ago on April 4, 2018:

“Some leaders of our ward (congregation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) wisely use Facebook here in Roseville, Michigan.  As full-time missionaries, my wife Kay and I recently started using it [more] frequently to keep in touch with a few family members, friends, and Detroit mission associates.  Facebook is one of many ways we share the gospel of Jesus Christ.  ...  Now every week ... I see at a glance what's happening in the ward, the Church worldwide, our society, and the marketplace ...  And not to be forgotten: extended family and old friends – like what they think, share, and do.”