Friday, July 7, 2023

Lost and Found

It’s a learning process as I grow older.  Phone, keys, raincoat found in a backpack taken on my last trip.  Amazing to me ... what a cognizant senior can lose in a little studio apartment!  Things are moved to make way for the housekeeper.  “A place for everything, and [not] everything in its place.”  Then comes elation from finding something!  And no more need to buy a replacement.


In my old age, information seems to be lost from memory (a failure to recall) ... and found with help from the Internet.  Family Tree app, for example, provides quick access to ancestors’ information and photos.  Relationships may be lost ... and renewed years later.  ( I could have found an old friend at my East High School reunion.)  


Anticipating our special day, I reviewed my 7/9/22 anniversary love note to my wife Kay, who is not lost: “...  Thank you for helping me find my phone 7/7 Thursday night, as I picked up your quad to read the Book of Mormon; so I saw my iPhone11 on the floor!  Your adoring husband, loving you  — Ned”