Saturday, September 30, 2023

Holiday Season Too

There's the holiday season, starting tomorrow ... but first came the prepare-for-holidays season, which started a month or more ago.  

Yes, I’m guilty of a little Christmas shopping all year long ... since I got into trouble by waiting until Christmas Eve when Ogden stores were closing at 6pm on my way home from work.  Then I remembered our tradition of ending the Twelve Days of gifting on January 6th, Three Kings Day (Epiphany).  Saved!


Seeing the Spirit store open a month ago reminded me that Halloween is still a popular holiday for many.  Did you notice the yard decorations in September?  For me as a young dad with kids in costumes, it was “Meet The Neighbors Night” with gypsy Kay serving at home.  Who can forget her class act!


Diminishing promotion of Thanksgiving does not lessen my gratitude for blessings from my Heavenly Father.  In fact, I thank Him every day.  Happy holidays!