Sunday, April 14, 2024

Recharging

Are you old enough to remember personal devices that did not need recharging?  As a teenager I had a solar-powered transistor radio that only worked in the sun or artificial light.  Most of my life I enjoyed radios plugged into an electrical outlet (and had no Internet connection!)  In the 20th Century we had telephones cabled to a wall.  Until a few years ago, my favorite wristwatches ran on a battery that never died.  Starting with a “portable” in 1982, my computers were simply plugged into an outlet.  My wife Kay and I used disposable cameras for many years, being careful with our choice of subjects. 


Now it’s a challenge for me to keep everything recharged: my phone, watch, radio, laptop computer, Bluetooth headphone, desk lamp, flashlights, and camera (for a major project).  The list could go on.


More importantly, I need daily recharging physically, mentally, and spiritually.  Especially for Kay, recall our favorite place for renewal: Cannon Beach, Oregon Coast.  Exercise, rest, continuing education, service to others, prayer and scripture study work for me at home in Ogden.  Recharging should be so simple.