Monday, August 10, 2026

two ships passing

Meeting interesting people at the Ogden community resource center is always a pleasure.  However, rarely does my wish for lasting friendship come to fruition.  It’s usually like (an idiom) two ships passing in the night.


Two years ago, I randomly stopped to see what was happening in that former Ogden Regional Family History Center, where I had volunteered for two years around 2007.  There I met young Dana Lou, the “Artistic Director” and “Creative Landscaper”, a notable example of lasting friendship.  Thanks to her, I soon got involved with myHometown Ogden.  Realizing a different meaning of the ships idiom, she and I often have contrasting schedules (night owl and early bird) as I go to volunteer several times a week.  


As a married couple raising children, Kay & I were often like two ships passing … (night owl and early bird).  As empty nesters, we settled into a more synched (synchronized) routine   (two night owls?)   Life is good … with love.