Friday, April 1, 2011

Ya Gotta Believe Me

Woke up at 5am, thinkin about my new pc laptop still in the box (already dubbed acer2) -- couldnt sleep!  Got right to work, following the kids' qwik-start directions (just look at the pictures.)  Barely containing my excitement, I put the battry pak in.  Then while pulling the pkg celofane off a hinge, I touched a button and accidently turned it on!  Wo! -- I'm not ready for Win7 until I plug the thing in like the picture shows!  A msft warning flashed on the 15.6" HD LED LCD: "You fool! Now look what you've done! What part of 'Connect to external power' don't you understand? See the picture, you dummy?!"  Trying to regain my confidence, I raced to unpak the cord and plug it in.  The sparks were impressive -- got power!  Hope it didn't do too much damage.  The bootup said "2 min." but I forgot to time it -- seemed longer than that, maybe because of that surge hitting the procesor.

Dutiflee letting the new sys take the lead, I named my pc NedAcer2, put in a clever password (myacer2) which no one would ever guess, and beheld the new desktop with little icons on the left side, kinda like this 5-yr-old acer1 which is still working (as we speak), and pics of 3 big acer laptops, like a permanent ad -- how do I change that?  Think it's called wallpaper, so search Help for that.  Then I thot the machine should be turned off while the battry charges up (who knows how long that takes?!) but I could not find a way to shut down like good old XP does.  So I chose the next best thing and put it to sleep; (how is that different than hibernation?)  So many questions, so few ansers.

So much for my latest 21st-century adventure outa my comfurt zone -- which reminds me: I skipped brekfast, so it's time for fast comfurt food to calm me down, like the mountain-biker muffins I got by snail-mail from Ogden last Monday -- very healthy and tasty! -- honest -- no joke this time! 
Now will someone explane all the little red squigly lines on my word doc?  Maybe a warm boot will get rid of 'em.