Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gratitude Attitude

A text message I received anonymously this morning started my day right:
"Happy Thanksgiving I am so thankful for all the amazing family and friends that I have” 6:52AM
--(perfectly understood without punctuation.)  Of course, I had to find out who sent it; so I searched my current NedNote (Notepad) file for the last 4 digits of the phone number, and found my young neighbor.  (I wish it were that easy to find certain other things in our home.)  I replied with thanks, and passed it forward to my close friend in St. George, Utah, and to family in Riverton.

Recalling my thoughts from two years ago (thanks again to Microsoft Notepad):
9:33 PM 11/29/2009 Sunday  ... Grateful to be alive after all these years!
[Previous] Thurs. Thanksgiving was a nice quiet day with Katie & Jared here; we all had a lot to be thankful for, including great food!  Sat. we hosted the whole family (except Angie & Chris.)  A family walk at GSL Shorelands Preserve was wonderful -just what we needed.
Watched with Quinn & family: "The First Thanksgiving" animated video from Living Scriptures; grateful for the Pilgrims' sacrifices and faith.