Monday, January 2, 2012

Finding Peace


On this holiday morning, I sincerely wish a “Happy New Year” to my few followers and everyone who will never see this.
Last month I thought a lot about peace, probably because December was so hectic, and I felt a special yearning.  Was I alone in that, with everyone else accepting the inevitability of holiday stress?
The peace I was seeking brings me happiness.  There are tons of books written about happiness; (demand must be great.)  In her 2009 book, The Happiness Project, author Gretchen Rubin describes her year-long search for it.  Her further-reading suggestions include:
The Conquest of Happiness by Bertrand Russell, 1930.
The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin by (guess who?), Yale U. Press, 1964.
The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less by Barry Schwartz, 2004.

I have my own list, including some favorites in my blog profile since the beginning.  Yes, I found peace --in hearing Christmas music, studying scriptures, and visiting loved ones.  I’d love to share it in the days to come.