Saturday, December 6, 2014

On Hold for a Season

What happens when we are put on hold or held up in line?  A weekly review of our New Year’s resolutions we made last January?  A trip down memory lane as we listen to Christmas music in snarled traffic?  A practice session on an imaginary piano, or a shopping spree on the web?  Waiting patiently on hold yesterday morning, I carried my mobile office phone outside for fresh air and a picture of the rising sun as it emerged from the clouds.  My old iPhone amazes me with multi-tasking.  The other day I kept working on a desktop computer throughout a 40-minute hold to save $30 on two 72-hour emergency-prep kits from MPS as advertised by Glenn on radio.  (Whew!!)

What do we put on hold for a season of giving?  After enduring three songs repeated for 40 minutes, I put my PC work on hold for tempting offers as she tried to upsell me beyond my $20 limit.  It was well worth it – I will have two gifts to place under the tree next week … without putting my budget on hold 
(“I prefer not to.”)  One thing for sure, we can’t put on hold the count-down of days till Christmas.  

Let us put off personal grudges and impatience for this season, while giving the time-on-hold to those whom we love – a gift to our Savior Jesus Christ, whose birth we celebrate.  For “He Is the Gift"    – Christmas.mormon.org



This Is The Place, 29 Dec 2012


Christmas cheer, everyone!