Thursday, February 11, 2016

RootsTech Valentines Too

Every year around this time in the Salt Palace Convention Center, SLC, we participate in RootsTech.  ( I see their big "THANK YOU" at rootstech.org, where one can review the "Class Syllabi" outlines and watch archived sessions about genealogy and related topics.)  Last Saturday the 6th, my sweetheart Kay and I rode the train to the Family Discovery Day, which included “popular speakers and access to an expo hall [my favorite] with hundreds of exhibitors to help and assist.”  We learned some new features added to FamilySearch and got a big fan chart printed at the “World's Largest Genealogy Chart.”  We talked to other vendors who promise to send emails with more information. Learned a lot, passed by the fast-food stands (I'm satisfied with seeing,) and got free drinks at the soda bar.

A couple of years ago, I posted this observation:  "I see a connection with ... RootsTech Conference (2/6-8) and Valentine’s Day, complementary in life’s work of extending love to family and friends."  I highlighted some exemplary classes.  This year is just as loving.  For example, Anita Wells presents “Trip Planning & Heritage Travel: To Grandmother’s House We Go(ogle)”.  Kitty Cooper’s syllabus of “How to do a DNA Triangulation” includes her address, blog.kittycooper.com, where she wraps up her experience at RootsTech 2016.

Remember your family this Valentine’s Day – past, present, and future.  We’re all connected in the family tree, you see.








Heavy, old upright with family history from Grandmother Cannon