Saturday, May 9, 2020

Memories for Mother’s Day

A review of previous posts for Mother’s Day brought sweet memories to share.  I am eternally grateful for my angel wife Kay, for her parents, and for my parents.  They all sacrificed so much for our children and me ... with love.

Mother's Heavenly Music (5/11/2014)
Somehow she must have known what it would do to me.  ... a frequent warm feeling of gratitude when I hear great classical music.

Memory Prompts on Mother’s Day (5/8/2016)
I miss my parents; today I especially miss my mother.  After they both passed on, my older sister lovingly organized things for distribution ...   I share a few in hopes of prompting memories of Mother ...
Two paintings of Nauvoo 
African letter opener …
Old [portable] typewriter in black case.  [A special granddaughter lovingly received it.]
...
There are a lot of smaller … “treasures” which could be shared with the grandchildren for mementos.

We know it isn’t leftover things that matter most, but memories are so precious.  I thank Heavenly Father for my amazing mother, who continues to care for and help guide the family.  Her saving mission goes on.  Like great music she led me to crave, my mother keeps giving with love.

Grandma Kay, loving twin grandsons