Friday, October 16, 2020

Awake Early or Late?

Maybe I’m just up in the night, wanting to write.  Fortunately, waking at 2am, earlier than most seniors, or getting up after a very late nap, is not routine for me.  It’s something I feel free to do for a change.

My younger friend (67) in the lush land of Bountiful rarely sleeps past 3:30am.  Before being re-employed last week for 6am work, he routinely drove to a park in Salt Lake City (far beyond the scenic oil refineries) around 6:20, then called me at 7am while visiting with strangers to cheer them up.  Respectfully waiting to wake me, he reported how his day was going and how he was challenged the day before.  It was always interesting and never surprising.  Now what shall I do to start my day?

After a delightfully scary evening with our grandchildren at Ogden’s George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park (“lights, camera!”), my strange dream was not surprising.  Not too late for relief, it was time to awake and write early.