Thursday, August 5, 2021

Forward and Backward

A couple of chuckles helped me relax for a root canal treatment yesterday.  It was my choice to pay for the ordeal instead of a cheaper extraction.  I was privileged to save a tooth in a high-tech, first-class office close to home in Bountiful.  (One may Google for definition of endodontics.)

First challenge was the ubiquitous paperwork I was invited to go ahead and fill out.  The second stop was 3D imaging — impressive.  After the young woman unlocked my head, she said, “Go ahead and step back.”  That made me smile and kid her about inconsistency.  Next was the lounge chair we all love for dental work, where she said, hoping I’d hold the chuckles and smart remarks, “Go ahead and lean back.”


I give Wasatch five stars for rescuing my tooth, which helps me go forward with weight gain.  However, the warning to go ahead and not chew for two weeks until permanent filling, is a step backward in my case.  My wife Kay’s famous smoothies are the fast food I need now!  As the French say (translated), “Such is life.”