Sunday, November 21, 2021

Avoiding FH Anxiety

So much family history (FH) to process ... so little time for doing it!  (This is not about familial hypercholesterolemia, a genetic disorder commonly referred to as FH, which causes anxiety relating to heart attack.)


My wife Kay & I married 50 years ago, and we both have rich personal & family histories preceding that forever-blessed event.  “What we build is bigger than the sum of two.”  — Kings of Convenience duo, Declaration of Dependence album, 2009.


In somewhat-organized ways, we individually collected precious FH treasures without a coordinated plan for managing them at the end of mortal life.  However, frequent moves to smaller homes helped us give away tons of things and avoid some senior anxiety.


Last April, I moved to Bountiful Utah to “take care of family projects”.  While Kay is engaged in timeless work on the other side, my 12-month stay here is going so quickly, I feel anxious about my daily process.  (Reminder to self: I am eagerly engaged in a good cause.)  Fortunately, I find joy in rediscovering and sharing, especially FH about my sweetheart and our five children.  It really is about love!