Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Christmas Talents

A most wonderful time of the year!  I see and hear so much creativity in sharing talents, which are gifts from God.

25 young violinists entertained us older folks Monday night for our weekly “family home evening”.  So cute, beautiful, and handsome!  I felt sure my talented wife Kay, who led many young groups in singing and acting, was pleased with their sharing love through music.
The same lively group performed for us yesterday at lunch time in the Bountiful senior center.  The perfect mix of fun, nostalgic, and sacred songs made me smile and shed tears of love. 

I missed the “Jazzy Bells” performance in Ogden Saturday night, retired early, and listened to Handel’s Messiah, broadcast from New York City.  Amazing talent there!

A favorite actor, James Stewart, inspires our family every Christmas with It’s a Wonderful Life and Mr. Krueger’s Christmas; (his talking to Baby Jesus in the stable always brings tears to my eyes).  I am in awe of such extraordinary gifts from Heavenly Father, whose Son made possible life everlasting for everyone on earth.  It is all about love.