Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Month of History

February focus on history:

When my wife, Kay Hinckley, was born in February, I was three years old and able to speak one word, “cookie!”  In February 1968, Kay was serving a three-year mission with her parents and two older sisters in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.  I was in my second month of missionary training in the Provo Utah LTM, learning Spanish for my assignment to the Argentina North Mission.  In February 2017, Kay & I decided to sell our frontier home in preparation to serve a senior couple mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Also of interest to our family: “Black History Month honors the contributions of African Americans to U.S. history.  ... became a month-long celebration in 1976. The month of February was chosen to coincide with the birthdays of Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln.”  — history.com


This month is a great time to write personal history and learn more family history.  I’m also reminded to read a book I bought about Lincoln, a favorite president who helped change the course of U.S. history.