Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Final Four

Some may suspect I'm already getting excited about April 2 and 4, 2011
(Countdown: 108 days, 2 hrs) at Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas -- 
Host: University of Houston / Rice University    --ncaa.com/sports/
m-baskbl/...    -- but my follower knows better.

These four complete my 3-part series of "simple suggestions" for Christmas:

9.  Music -- listen and perform to your heart's content.
Recall your favorites from the past.  Play an LP, 8-track, cassette tape, CD, iTune, your piano and guitar; or attend a live concert like we enjoyed at "The Ridge" Monday night.  Go caroling in the cold -- it will warm your spirit. 
We especially love the King's Singers, who will be "performing in Exeter's beautiful Cathedral" this Saturday (UK).   --www.kingssingers.com

10.  Attend the church of your choice and meet a new friend.  Say a kind word to someone.

11.  Put a dollar or more in the Salvation Army bucket. 
The one December day I rang the bell in front of ZCMI with fellow Salt Lake Kiwanians, helped me appreciate the SA, which rescues so many throughout the year.

12.  Give thanks.  Need I say more?

That makes twelve; but I have a feeling there are more.  So I leave out the rest for you to share.