Sunday, January 9, 2011

With Love

Yesterday afternoon (wishing for warmer weather) I finished taking down the lights; but it goes on.  This morning  the snowplow woke me -- more winter wonderland!  I thought of three of my favorite messages to share, from which I quote:

"My brothers and sisters, may the spirit of love which comes at Christmastime fill our homes and our lives and linger there long after the tree is down and the lights are put away for another year. This is my prayer ..."
-- President Thomas S. Monson, "A Bright Shining Star"
2010 First Presidency Christmas Devotional, (December 5, 2010)  -- lds.org

Thank God for "a prophet to guide us ... There is hope smiling brightly before us, ... doubt not the Lord nor his goodness."
-- Hymn no. 19  -- Text: William Fowler, 1830–1865

"... there were mighty miracles wrought among the disciples of Jesus. ... And ... there was no contention in the land, because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people."
"... surely there could not be a happier people among all the people who had been created by the hand of God. ... For the Lord did bless them in all their doings; yea, even they were blessed and prospered ..."  (Fourth Nephi 13-18)

May this be our lot.  With love, ...