Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Reminders

A fact of life: our memory often needs help.  What would I do without my phone alerting me with daily reminders?  My loving wife Kay is also good at reminding me.
For example, I’m reminded of the Boy Scout motto: “Be prepared.
“The Scout motto means that you are always ready to do what is necessary to help others.  …”  – BoyScoutTrail.com

Work.
Be grateful.
Pray always.
Study scriptures.
Get an education.
Love your neighbor.
Read to your children.
Do your ____ teaching.
Avoid debt.  Save money.
...  Sound familiar?

In General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Oct. 2004, President James E. Faust recalled, “We have much reason to hope.  Joy can be ours if we are willing to sacrifice all for the Lord.”  – Ensign, Nov. 2004, 21.
He quoted President Howard W. Hunter's reminder: “God knows what we do not know and sees what we do not see.”  
– Conference Report, Oct. 1987, 71; or Ensign, Nov. 1987, 60.

I anticipate more reminders this weekend as we receive instruction from God’s prophet, Church authorities and officers – sisters and brothers.  It will mean those things are most important for us today, as they have been in the past.