Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Elder Afterthoughts

It's happening more, the older I get – both good and bad.  In fact, I just recalled this title I noted six weeks ago:  afterthought, defined by Google as "an item or thing that is thought of or added later."  Afterward, it came to me: we elders, or persons in "a more advanced time of life" (M-W def.) are especially blessed ... or cursed ... with greater frequency of afterthought.

Another just occurred to me: an e-mail I sent yesterday to explain a fun "Tech Solutions" church activity I am planning for elders ("olders" or seniors), was missing a new add-on idea I had: displays of old low-tech compared with current high-tech.  Come to think of it, as a tech collector, 
I have plenty of them!  (P.S.: Old ones, that is.)

There is another thought coming to me ... to be added here later ... if I remember.  Is that good or bad?  Am I on the right track with this?  I got it ... like the next station – some get there faster than others.



Am I coming or going?  Quick!


Looks like I lost my train of thought – sorry, but I love 'em! (Grandkids and afterthoughts)