Saturday, September 22, 2018

Summer Time Ends

(May I just add this note Sunday 8:44am before yesterday’s?
We are OK after a good night’s sleep, despite a bump that hopefully knocked some sense into my head.  Resolved to be careful in the dark ... from now on.  A lesson everyone should learn early in life.)

Excuse me while I add something Monday 3:11am:
Kay woke up 2 hours earlier than usual ... and so did I.  (One word from her sweet lips, and I’m wide awake.)  First request is always for cool, clear water; (we live in a desert, here in Utah).  Pain med is a natural second — (overdue anyway).  Sleep mercifully follows while I apply lotion to keep her young skin so soft.
She is beautiful, heavenly ... I love her so!
(8am thought: I used to say softly with a smile, “You can wake up now.”  But these days, she can use extra sleep.  We are grateful for the quiet Sabbath time spent with son Curtis and his sweet family.  And I thank God for another blessed day!)

The weekend edition:

Today is a special day – it's the day we get ready for Sunday and the beginning of a wonderful fall season.  
(Google reminded me that "Summer 2018 in Northern Hemisphere began on Thursday, June 21 and ends on Saturday, September 22" [7:54pm Mountain time.] Thank you.)
This morning, a final "summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind" (recalling a favorite Seals & Crofts LP album of ours).

My eternal wife and companion, Kay, peacefully went back to sleep after a usual early-morning routine of drinking ice water, getting a soothing back scratch, walking to the loo (British noun), taking meds, and listening to Third Nephi in the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ (making good progress lately, and lovin' it!)

Looking back to the beginning of summer, Kay and I visited an older sister in rehab at Heartland, Gross Pointe Woods, Michigan on June 21st.  She smiled, so happy to see Sister Cannon, whom she loves.  Due to my OC Photography affliction, I took a pic of her room number to remember, and got a shot of a bulletin-board poster for the 
"Brain Health Lecture Series" by Kathy Housey:
6/12 'Exercise: Cognitive Candy for the Brain"
7/10 "Your Gut is your Second Brain"
8/7 "Are You an Owl, a Lark, or a Hummingbird?"
9/18 "Neurobics for the Brain"
[Just what I needed, but missed it all.  Anything like that in Ogden, Utah ... anyone?  Oh, boy ... I'm really asking for it.]

Sat. 2pm addition: Kay went back to sleep again after some wonderful, loving friends visited.  Everyone’s kindness, good humor, tears, prayers, memories, and love are so precious to Kay and me.  Thank you!

Anyway, it's the weekend.  Let's enjoy the outdoors!


looking back at an amazing summer
photo courtesy of friend Russ Bettridge,Michigan outdoor photographer

cute Cannons at the beach on Antelope Island
the Great Salt Lake, Utah