Friday, October 26, 2018

Journal Excerpt

She was happier with her own little laptop, which served her needs without a hard drive.  In retrospect, I am grateful we made that investment.

I am touched by this entry in Kay's missionary journal, which she kept for her daily Book of Mormon study:
[Thursday] March 8, 2018
Our children have wanted us to share more about our mission experiences ...
In Jacob 4:3, he hopes that his brethren and children will be grateful for his records and find joy in them ...
It's hard ...but I want to write for their benefit.  We bought a new Dell laptop for me yesterday that was delivered today.  Hopefully, I will feel more inclined to write; our current laptop has pretty much been taken over by Ned.  He'll walk into the kitchen to get a bite to eat and say, "You can use the computer now!"  We both laugh!

As her eternal companion, I will never forget how diligent Sister Cannon was at making to-do lists, recording visits, handwriting notes to deliver, and typing emails during our year in Michigan.  She used effective ways of keeping organized and of showing her charity for others ... uplifting, encouraging, expressing sorrow for a loss, and simply saying "I love you."

The unstoppable missionary, our angel Kay, is loved by so many ... and greatly missed.

Detroit Riverwalk, P-day 28 May 2018,
recalling "O Canada" (on the other side)