Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Anniversary Special

Going down memory lane while riding FrontRunner, I began our special day early as planned.  It was my way to not only endure, but to enjoy a long trip from Ogden to historic downtown Salt Lake City.  Celebrating our wedding anniversary with joy yesterday, I was blessed to be at Temple Square and surrounding attractions (for lack of a better word).

At the ranch on the Fourth, our dear friend from Michigan invited me to a college devotional in the Assembly Hall where she would perform the special music, “Love at Home”.  I accepted and later realized it was the perfect opportunity to be near the Salt Lake Temple, where Kay & I were married.

Walking from the train, I stopped at the Family History Library, where I learned more about their services and found my ancestors’ books in the online catalog.  (The awesome Church Museum next door waited til the end of the day tour, as a last-minute “icing on the cake” before returning to the train station.)

Despite being “alone” as others saw me in the crowd, I certainly did not feel so.  As I walked around the temple and sat in the Assembly Hall, special memories of Kay, her father, and my grandmother brought me joy.  The devotional music and talk were uplifting – just what I needed to hear that day.  I look forward to our 50th anniversary in a few years, which traditionally is the big one!

This fast account cannot convey the details I could share, but I should mention the fun tour of Ogden Union Station with our family from Georgia, followed by a picnic dinner with family from Arizona at our daughter’s in Farr West — (whew!)  The day was more joyful than anyone would imagine (except my fun-loving sweetheart, of course).

Kay & I are blessed to be together forever, and my love for her grows stronger.  With gratitude to Heavenly Father and the Savior, we know life is good.  Keep the faith ... and keep smiling.  Cheers!

Salt Lake Temple, 9 July 2019

Assembly Hall at Temple Square
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Ned & Kay at Thanksgiving Point, 2012
Lehi, Utah (including Museum of Ancient Life)