Saturday, March 14, 2020

Alone With Kay

Admittedly, there were times in our marriage when I preferred being alone by myself, such as listening to my favorite music while my wife Kay watched her favorite TV show.  More often, I wanted to be alone with Kay.  Memories of our road trips alone are priceless, as are those of family vacations. 

As a close couple, we also enjoyed an abundance of time with family, friends, neighbors, and strangers.  Kay & I moved our family frequently, unlike many folks we admire as “models of stability”.  Consequently, we are blessed with numerous choice friends gained along the way.

Since her passing in October 2018, shortly after gaining our Michigan Family during a 12-month mission, I have been richly blessed with tender times alone with Kay.  From day one, her transfer to a new area of loving service, I have known that my sweetheart Kay is really not far away, she is not lost, and we are not forgotten.  Loving tributes from family and friends, as well as insights from the Comforter, have added so much to those times, helping me get better acquainted with my eternal companion.

While I still love married life, alone with Kay and our favorite music, I also enjoy time with family, friends, neighbors, and strangers.  This all complements our previous six years of experience in Ogden, Utah.  As I like to say for Kay & me, “We are grateful to be back home.”