Friday, February 19, 2021

Laughter Library

The last 12 months have reminded me to keep a sense of humor, and libraries have always attracted me.  So, I like this idea: build your own “laughter library” to have “on hand whenever you need it”.  — advice from Judy Dyer in The Highly Sensitive, page 63.


Have you ever watched a movie that made you cry and laugh?  I guess the first film that successfully did it for me was Bambi, Walt Disney’s 1942 classic.  Years ago The Princess Bride mixed romance with comedy in a way that got to my wife Kay and me.  Same effect when I watched it today.  Maybe I am sensitive ... and loving that mix of emotions.


A good friend of mine shares funny stories with me by text message, which would easily copy to my laughter library in iPhone Notes.  (Luckily there is no room for examples here.)  He likely finds them on the Internet and thinks I need to lighten up.  Often true, and I do; so why am I no good at telling jokes?  I may improve this year with a library in hand and friends who understand.