Thursday, March 4, 2021

Remodeling or Renovation

It has been happening here for over two months, causing great excitement among my Colonial Court neighbors.  For example, a young friend from Alabama already upgraded to a totally remodeled, larger apartment with an enviable view of the Ogden Utah Temple and Wasatch Mountains.  She is now blessed with her own laundry room; (no more need for quarters).

Having heard this complete renovation will take two years, several other friends plan to move temporarily and return home to the same unit after a few weeks of remodeling.  Some are relieved with the option before May to renew their lease and stay another year.  When asked, I tell everyone, “I look at all my options; we shall see.”  (Some neighbors, encouraging me to upgrade to a one-bedroom “among the living” in the main building, are eager to know my plan.)  However, the main question in my mind is ... do we call it remodeling or renovation?  I will decide that next May, not next year.  Along with food, shots, and health, it’s a hot topic now.

Three months ago, admitting Cannon Beach on the Oregon Coast is too far away, my first suggestion was Elwood, a small town between Tremonton and Crystal Hot Springs, Honeyville, Utah.  That could be a relief from the amazing noise competition on Ogden’s main drag, Washington Boulevard.  (Entertaining to watch up close.  Annoying to hear in bed after midnight.)

Nevertheless, I will always love Ogden for its character and diversity.  My sweetheart Kay & I treasure so many memories of life here, I can’t say enough good about this city and its people.  We love you!


view from Ogden Utah Temple grounds