Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Lessons Learned 1

About nine years ago, my wife Kay and I visited the memorial site of Flight 93 near Shanksville in Stonycreek Township, Pennsylvania.  It was sobering, and we were inspired by the courage of those heroes.  We recalled the passenger’s words, “Let’s roll”, that triggered their plan to take control.  They fought back and overpowered the terrorist hijackers.  Flight 93, savagely headed for Washington, DC, was the only one of four planes that did not reach its target.  

On Sunday 9/11/2011, I outlined “The Language of 9/11” (World Trade Center, The Pentagon, Shanksville), ending with a personal note: “I was watching CNBC when it happened.
Ten years ago.”

On Sunday 9/11/2016, I wrote, “Remember how the attacks increased patriotism and brought our country together? ... I will never forget it!  Nor will I ever forget the unselfish sacrifice of so many ... 
God bless America!”

Hopefully, a lesson learned since 9/11 of 2001: In America we do not take freedom and national security for granted.  Be grateful, prayerful, defensive, alert, and powerfully prepared in every way.