Sunday, November 22, 2020

Gratitude Journal

Over recent years, I have occasionally kept a gratitude journal — something which should have been kept consistently.  However, I find value in the few notes available for review, especially around Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for the Lord's missionaries, especially my forever companion Kay, who served with me for 12 months in the Detroit mission.  Having passed away and accepted a new assignment two years ago, she continues serving on the other side.  Our mission is to bring others closer to Jesus Christ, for whom I am deeply grateful. 


Sunday, November 25, 2012

“I thank Heavenly Father for His goodness and mercy, and for a loving, forever family.”


Monday, 11/23/2020, in our group home evening, I shared appreciation for the healing power of gratitude.  Love of God’s creations motivates me to get out and enjoy nature.  That restores me.  The benefits are physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.  I often take photos for my journal of joy.


Tuesday, November 24, 2020

I am grateful for the scriptures, for they are the word of God.  As I read them, I am reminded of His love every day.


Wednesday, November 25, 2020

I give thanks for our five children, their families, and loved ones whom Kay & I have “adopted” as forever friends.  They bless the lives of countless “fellow passengers“ on Earth.


Thanksgiving, November 26, 2020

Oh, happy day!  Kay & I have always been grateful for Thanksgiving Day.  Our Hinckley and Cannon traditions go way back with loving memories and thanks to Heavenly Father for all blessings.


Friday, November 27, 2020

The women and men who served and are serving in our military certainly deserve thanks and support.  I am grateful for their sacrifice, and I pray for them.