Saturday, January 30, 2021

Turning and Tossing

In the process of scanning papers with iPhone all week, I did a lot of turning (flipping) through pages and tossing into trash and my recycling bin.  I set aside some of Kay’s childhood treasures for her historian sister to archive, and a few for our kids to show their children before they discard the papers, etc. 

In another process of trying to get comfortable in bed last night, I turned and tossed to sleep.  It reminded me that life this year is encouraging frequent change ... hopefully not forcing it.  Changing a common phrase to “turn and toss” is an inconsequential example I use.

Think of something that changed this month.  Does it leave you turning and tossing for the better?  I pray it will be so for family, nation, and our world.  And I gratefully hold onto truth and gospel principles that never change.  Recall my sweetheart’s love of lighthouses that guide to safe harbor.