Monday, December 19, 2016

Late List for Santa

After a spiritual Sabbath day, why is the materialistic me coming out?  Are writing personal history and sharing thoughts just excuses now to make a self-centered list of Christmas wishes?  Is my second childhood showing up?  With so much stuff, why would I want more?  Rhetorical questions. Thinking out loud.  No need to answer.  “But where are the verbs?” you wonder.  “Alright without them,” I think to myself; (to whom else would I think?)

Moving on, if not too late for Santa’s production program, here’s my short list ("Ned's Nine") in random order:

toy train
country cookies (oatmeal raisin)
storybook for reading to grandchildren and Grandma
big black bags for sacking stashed stuff
chocolate chunks (we dig dark)
poetry, prose, or pictures of posterity
sweet bread – the staff of life
cloth covers for personal pillows (not pillowcases)
peculiar paperback publication (third request to surprise me)

familiar family photo

family favorite by Farr's 


our two oldest, happy with Santa's gifts in "H" Street home bsmt.


U of U Beta Fraternity dog with Ann & Ned, published in SL Tribune on a 1950s Christmas Day


early Christmas arrival weighing 7 lbs. 13 ozs. – art by the proud papa