Monday, December 31, 2018

New Week's Resolutions Too

To state the obvious, Sunday started a new week, and tomorrow starts a new year.  Looking back at 2018, I have an overwhelming but limited view of life as we know it.  (Draw your own conclusion.)

Before the year ends, I want to look farther back at life with Kay.  As we begin a new week, consider this fast one I posted three years ago on Sunday, 12/27/2015:

New Week's Resolutions

Today is a new beginning – the start of a new week.  This Sabbath morning it occurred to me that I need some new week’s resolutions.  ...

"Do a good turn daily."
Edit, and love working.  [ I do!! ]
Enjoy healthy food five times a day.
Move like exercise twice; walk or longboard to the mailbox.
Recycle junk mail ...
Read ... the scriptures every day; (“Scripture Power!”)  [Our Kay loved teaching that Primary song; and she read daily.]
Watch a sunrise and a sunset; share with my sweetheart.
Talk to a neighbor, and listen to someone in need.
Drive safely without texting or expressing anger.  [Kay agreed!]
Make a New Year’s resolution ...
Enjoy family, and be happy; party!
[She planned and organized ...
with love.]

If I fail to keep my new week’s resolutions, there’s always next week – another new beginning.


helping the homeless unload in Michigan, 29 December 2017
– one of many families preparing for a new beginning
(Elder & Sister Cannon, experts at moving & storage)