Friday, December 21, 2018

The Long & Short of It

How many are in panic mode today with a long list of to-do’s and only three short days left for shopping (not counting the day of rest) ???  Not just buyers, but sellers; I feel compassion for owners and employees as well.

Early-morning puzzler: If a Monday holiday makes a “long weekend”, would Mon. & Tues. the 25th off work be “an extra-long weekend”?  Since Sunday is the first day of the week, I think that would be stretching the old phrase a bit.

When searching the meaning of my title, Google reminded me of ... (how did I forget it’s today!)
The winter solstice, as midwinter, is an astronomical phenomenon marking the day with the shortest period of daylight and the longest night of the year.”  — Wikipedia

As we’re out shopping during these long nights after work, let us remember why we celebrate this season.  “As for me and my house, we will” focus on the gift of our Savior Jesus Christ, as we celebrate His birth and God’s love for all.